Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Silce-of-Life Profile

Background- If I have any readers out their beside my class, this blog was created because of a course I am taking currently at a college in CT. It's a New Media class, aka Blogging. So here's my blog.

A couple weeks ago the class was given a handout about 'Profiles', so I've decided to try my hand at writing one for practice, you never know I might be a Barbara Walters one day and this exercise will benefit me profusely if I am.

So what's a profile? It's an biographical essay on a person, sometimes referred to as an interview. Enough of the text book let's get to the nitty gritty.



Holly Lutters: A Profile



With the bellow of late 90's music, under a flickering light at Applewoods Diner in Bristol, CT Holly Lutters, a 20 year old college co-ed sat stirring her burnt coffee with a spoon. Lutters was at the restaurant celebrating a friend's (my) birthday so I took the opportunity to have a moment with her.




Lutters is currently attending Newbury College in Boston, MA studying Media Writing with a vast amount of minors including English and Psychology. Originally from Terryville, CT she started to develop her love and skill for writing at the local high school. Lutters says she plans on pursuing her masters in Journalism after she receives her bachelors in 2009. She stated her ideal job would be an Arts and Entertainment column in The Boston Phoenix. Very ambitious.



Okay, enough about the smart stuff, lets get down the real Holly Lutters. After taking her metabolism boosting Vitamin B-Complex she's ready to answer my hard hitting questions. I decided to conduct her interview based off a facebook or myspace profile.




As to whether she has a specific religious belief Holly stated she believes in Karma. Since I'm Holly's friend on facebook I know this is true because everyday she sends me some Buddha loving through a Karma application. I'm all zenned out. Upon asking what her life's philosophy is, we had a little tet-a-tet:

Holly: 'I would rather die than be mediocre.'

Me: 'Isn't that from a movie?'

Holly: 'Now it isn't, IS IT?!'

Me: 'Yes, American Beauty'

Holly: ' Damn it! Now I need to change it!'

With no specific role models Holly stated she's a 'trail blazer' and likes to set her own path. Apparently Holly likes to be original, which should benefit her later in her career.


Previously romantically linked to a published author, her current relationship status is: 'It's Complicated', but she wouldn't mind if Ryan Phillippe came around declaring his love for her, even if he did cheat on Reese.


Holly enjoys taking pictures with her Canon SLX5, she described the camera as her baby. I felt embarrassed when she used my Fuji to take some shots later in the night. My camera could never measure up to her ultra zoom lens and 30mega pixels. No, seriously her camera is awesome.


Some of Holly's favorites include, the television shows Friends and Sex and the City, both of which are no longer in production. Holly says she doesn't watch much T.V. Her favorite band is Foo Fighters;


Holly: 'I love Dave Grohl with all my heart.'


Me: ' You know he's married, right?'


Holly: ' Yea, but he cheats on his wife all the time. I read it somewhere.'


Me: ' With you?'


Holly: 'No! He wishes!'


Holly has a whole book devoted to pet peeves, but a few of them are, repetitive sounds (i.e. foot tapping), paper cuts, animals dressed as humans, the Weimaraner dogs, and bad continuity in films. So for the lucky men out there that get a date with Holly, be sure to avoid all that has been mentioned above.


I decided to shake up the interview a little bit by asking whether she thought Hannah Montana (or is it Miley Cyrus?) is a positive role model for young girls. Her response was, 'I don't know. I don't follow the tweens. All I know is that she performs in a wig and it's weird.' She also went on to say that the fact that you can purchase a Hannah Montana wig makes her think it's a cult.


My last question to Holly was what kind of mark do you want to leave on the world? Holly said that she doesn't expect to leave a mark on the world 'I don't want to leave mark, I don't intend to leave a mark.'




If you didn't have enough of Holly in this profile and can read her personal blog. Holly described her blog as not an emo blog, it's more of a random thoughts blog.







No comments: